Honey – It is a sweet liquid which is made by bees from the flowers. Initially Bees change the nectar into honey by using the method of regurgitation, enzymatic activity, and water evaporation, and store it in a primary food source in wax honeycombs inside the beehive.
The honey is available in gold in colour and its flavour depends on the types of flower from which the nectar was collected.
The sweetness of honey is due to monosaccharides fructose and glucose. It has chemical properties for baking and a distinct flavour which is used as a sweetener.
Healthy benefits of honey – There are some benefits of honey which are given below
- Reduce the risk of cancer and heart disease – The honey helps in lower the risk of some cancers and heart disease due to it has flavonoids, antioxidant.
- Control blood sugar – The sweetness of honey which is a mixture of fructose and glucose essentially helps to control sugar levels in blood.
- Improve skin – The honey has anti-bacterial qualities which are beneficial for the skin. If honey is used with the other elements, honey can also use in moisturizing and nourishing.
- Prevent cough and throat irritation – Honey is also used as a medicine for curing coughs and infection in throat which is mainly buckwheat honey. If the warm honey mix with black pepper then it rapidly benefit in prevent a cough and throat irritation.
- Lower the cholesterol – Honey is also used in reduce LDL cholesterol (bad cholesterol) level and improve HDL cholesterol (Good cholesterol). The improve HDL cholesterol benefits in hearts diseases.
- Prevent ulcers and gastrointestinal disorder – As per research; honey also helps in disorders to prevent ulcers and bacterial gastroenteritis.
- Help in curing allergies – honey can be beneficial in reducing seasonal allergies by improving and reducing the frequency of cough.
- Cures injuries and burns – The honey is also used in the treatment of wound and burns due to its anti-bacterial nature.
- Prevent infections – Natural honey kills bacteria three times than an artificial honey solution with the same thickness and sugar concentration which helps in protection from infection.
- Other benefits – It is beneficial in improving eyesight, reduce weight, curing impotence and premature ejaculation, urinary tract disorders, bronchial asthma, diarrhoea and nausea.