A microwave oven is a very popular kitchen device that heats and cooks food by the use of microwave radiation in the electromagnetic spectrum in a very quick time and maintain the nutrients in food. Microwave ovens are used for reheating earlier cooked foods and cooking a different variety of foods. They are also useful for rapid heating for slowly prepared cooking items including hot butter, fats, and chocolate.
There are some used of microwave oven which are discussed below
- Reheating – The process of Reheating is not done on a stove. When you put any dish in the microwave for re-heat, it gets warm in seconds carefully. A microwave oven is used in reheats without making the food wet and almost retains in its original form. Microwave oven can re-heat them quickly that’s why these microwaves oven are used in households and bakery shops for different types of pastries ,cakes and many more items. The less quantity of food can be reheated in two minutes whereas more quantity of food can be re heated from ten minutes to fifteen minutes.
- Baking – Microwaves oven is also used in the baking cakes and breads and it is easy and quick for making delicious different varieties of cakes. The cakes will be equally soft and good to eat. The baking in a microwave oven is used to bake a basic chocolate cake in five minutes which is very quick as compared to the common method of baking with preheating and heating.
- Defrosting – Microwave oven are used in defrosting the frozen vegetables or meat very quickly without the excessive washing, draining and wasting the water. It is very efficient due to it makes the food retain in their original form and nutrients.
- Roasting – The microwave oven is used for roast garlic, garlic breads, make pop corns very quickly. The process of Roasting food is a very important and traditional method in Indian cooking and therefore it is very popular in our country.
- Blanching – The process of blanching fruits and vegetables in a microwave is better than the traditional blanching method because it takes extremely less time and it retains the nutritional value of the food. A frozen food which is blanched by microwave oven will be better than the food blanched by traditional method.
- Boiling and steaming – Boiling is one of the most important method in cooking any food. A microwave boils things evenly due to a microwave boils material in a few minutes as compared to the stove and can also set the boiling time. Steaming vegetables help in retain nutrients in food as compared than boiling and it spends less time.
- Retain nutrients – Nutrients are very important in cooking a food for a healthy body. The coking of food is generally get lost in the gas or stove. In the microwave oven, it helps in retaining the vitamins, minerals in food for a good health and uses oscillating electromagnetic energy for cooking the food.